Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's time to begin

I really feel that it might be necessary to give myself a pep talk today.  Yesterday was a really, really tough day.  Like, the kind of day where you feel totally defeated mentally and emotionally, then you go home, put on your workout clothes, and notice that your pants are definitely giving you muffin top.  Your husband pretends he isn't seeing it, when you can totally tell that he's working REALLY hard to make sure you don't cry.

Tears are husband kryptonite.  With great power comes great responsibility, so use that knowledge wisely.

So this is the pep talk I will give myself today.  Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Good morning, Gorgeous;



Yes, you, sunshine!  You just took the most important step in making today successful:  you joined the day.  Now, your mission is to stay present in this day until 10:00pm.  There's going to be a lot going on.  Work has been busy, and you're undoubtedly tired.  It's okay.  You've got this.  And might I say, you sure are looking fit and healthy today.  All of your time, effort, and hard work is really paying off for you.  So jump out of bed, and embrace this moment in time.  It's time to begin.  It's time to do your best.  It's even time to drink some coffee.

I knew I would grab your attention if I brought coffee into this.  But more importantly, it's just simply time to be yourself.  Stop caring so much if that means you are nice enough, smart enough, funny enough, sexy enough, or competent enough, and just do you. 

And if all else fails, and you start to lose your cool, remember that these three little monkeys love you an awful lot... what more than that could you ever need?

That's right, nothing.  So go grab those horns and hang on.  It's going to be quite the ride.

Love,
The determined not to be defeated you

14 comments:

  1. You can do it Kristen! We all have days like that. Ahh the thought of coffee always makes me perk up. It's the thing I look forward to the most in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome. Period, end of discussion. ;) Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a week like that last week; I know how you feel :-/ I hope today is a much better day for you!

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Also... is that a picture of hot chocolate masquerading as coffee, or do you frequently put marshmallows on your coffee??

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pep talk :) I believe that being emotionally and mentally tired can be worse that physical depletion. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't mind me copying and pasting my name in there...

    this is exactly what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great pep talk. And to quote scrubs (when JD is having trouble dealing with a 'train wreck' code), just take one deep breath and handle everything one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever it is, you got this. How about WE got this? I feel like I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate; I believe those are also the reasons that voicemail was invented !

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS the three monkeys DO bring a smile, every.time.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tears really are husband kryptonite. Oh my goodness. I'm sorry you had such a rough day! I had one of those last week too. I hope things are much better now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)