Monday, July 29, 2013

Fun facts: The Mister Edition

I feel like you all hardly know Ammon.  Which is sad, because he's about 80 times more interesting and entertaining than I could ever hope to be.  So I would really like to spend some time today letting you get to know each other better.

After all, he is always telling me that I don't spend nearly enough time talking about him in this space.

1)  When we first started dating, several of our co-workers, and even one of our bosses mentioned how Ammon does not tend to show a lot of outward emotions.  And it's true;  sometimes you have to just guess about his excitement level about different things.  Like, he'll be pretty stoked about something, and you might never know it.  Then, because you don't know, you brush it off, and only later once he's disappointed do you you learn the truth.

2)  He loves to learn anything and everything that he can get his hands on, with little regard for the subject.  He just likes to learn and to know everything. 

3)  Along with wanting to learn everything, he has an insatiable curiosity, and likes to wonder about things.  Some of him favorite things to wonder about are structural integrity of buildings and tunnels, how to manufacture plants that create valuable or hard to make chemical compounds, and ways to make alternative energy viable.

4)  Homeslice reads books the way most blogger women watch the Real Housewives of Anyplace.  With great vigor and voracity.  He loves them so much, in fact, that he has book reader programs on his phone, and one of them even reads the books aloud to him, so that he can keep up with books while driving, showering, doing just about everything.
5)  He loves to talk about preparing for the zombie apocalypse.  He thinks it's important and valuable.

6)  He hates the color yellow.  I have never heard him so strongly dislike of another color, ever.

7)  He's an animal lover.  Here he is with the cat at our favorite distillery, just chilling together.


8)  He indulges my blogger quirks, like my insistence on taking pictures of him, or food, everywhere we go, and sometimes even at home.  I haven't worked up the nerve to ask him to regularly document my outfits, however.  I don't think he's quite ready for that level of blusband-ness.


9)  He's a fantastic dancer.  I always look like a fish flopping on the shore when I dance, so I tend to get a little jealous of his skills.

10)  He's ridiculously athletic.  He can try something physical just once or twice, and become really good at it.  He decided to take up gold, for instance, and saw drastic improvement in his scores in just 2 sessions.

So there you have it!  Just a few fun facts about the love of my life.  Here's hoping that he doesn't mind me sharing them with you, it's a surprise =).

3 comments:

  1. well, except for numbers 9 & 10 Ammon and Mike could be brothers. Well, I'm not actually certain how Mike feels about the color yellow though... hmmm...

    Nice to get to know Ammon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie absolutely loves talking about what he'd do if the zombie apocalypse comes about. Must be a guy thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say Ammon's reached husband level 64729. Get him taking your outfit pictures and he'll soar even higher!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)