Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I want my Slurpee back

I always wonder what you guys would think if I posted about my weekends, and assumed you all would find it really interesting and entertaining.  So we'll do an experiment today:  I'm going to pretend it's really fascinating, and you react.  Ready, go.

Friday night after work I decided to make some really poor life choices.

These poor life choices eventually led to me shooting the breeze with a guy that I've known since 1st grade.  We thought it would be fun to walk down memory lane and heckle just about every person we have ever known.  Around 1:15 am, we finally called it quits, and Ammon came to rescue me from myself.  That's right, my award winning husband drove 25 minutes to pick me up, and another 25 minutes home.  He also brought me a bottle of water, and took my Pina Colada Slurpee away until I drank the water.  It was totally rude.

Saturday we slept in until 11am.  By the time we dragged our butts out of bed, we decided it was high time we head over to Kohl's to take advantage of some sales, and buy some of our unpurchased wedding registry items.  We managed to buy 4 place settings of Fiesta, a new shower curtain, shower curtain liner, shower curtain hooks, and toothbrush holder, all for $140.  I couldn't be contained, I was so excited.

Since we were on a roll, we opted to stop by the Thrift Store to see if they had any great deals for us.  One of our favorite things is finding great furniture to restore, or random, interesting things.  We found a really old set of flameless road-flares, and a vintage Craftsman push-mower.  After looking them up online, we realized these things were worth some scrilla, so we hustled them over to the check-out.  Since our friend owns a Vintage consignment shop, we knew that was going to be our very next stop.  After lunch, that was.  Cafe Rio, to be exact.  Ammon really likes their Nachos, so now I'm assured that he will offer Cafe Rio as a lunch or dinner option at least once a week.  It's a good thing.

When we got to our friend Viv's shop, she assured us that the things we had were ultra-cool, and we got down to business setting prices.  I also looked through some embroidery iron-on patterns, because I'm just that edgy.  Before we left, there was already an inquiry about the push-mower.  Score.  I went home after that, and Ammon went to the garage to work on a laundry hamper he is currently building.

That night, I got to chat with Alyx.  She is the best new mom in the whole entire world, it is official.




Aren't they adorable???  I just love it.  She is teaching her daughter the importance of bathroom selfies and spreading the social media love from a very young age.

On Sunday we slept in again.  I don't know what my problem is, but lately I have not been satisfied with any less that 10 hours of sleep a night on the weekends.  While it makes me feel kind of lazy, it's also a nice change of pace from the typical weekend.  We went to Home Depot for hot dogs...

And then I went to Sam's Club to get my grocery shopping on.  Ammon went to the shop again.  I'm not kidding you when I say that this laundry hamper is going to be the most insane thing he has ever constructed.  I then went ahead and prepped my meals for this week, including the most amazing and incredible flour-less gluten free pizza known to man.

After trying it yesterday, I don't know how I ever lived without this.  It is, without a doubt, the yummiest low-carb pizza-like option on the planet.

And then I found $5.

That's a lie.  But it made the story better?

Anyway, I'm done now.  That was our weekend.  I can tell you are totally enthralled, right???

8 comments:

  1. Haha I have not heard "and then I found $5" in sooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about other people's weekends! We were sooo close to getting Home Depot hot dogs this weekend too; the smell of them was driving me insane. I'm the same way with sleeping in on the weekends. I just want all of the sleep!

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - you just kill me, you know that? Can we schedule some time to chat? It's been ages! And... I hear you on the sleep thing, although I'm just not getting any at all. Bed time last night, midnight. Night before that, 2 AM. I'm exhausted and crabby. =( And hungry. I'm really hungry all the time.

    Ok, enough about me. I love reading your weekend posts - or any posts! And aren't you lucky that Ammon came and rescued you. A true hero! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you go to Home Depot JUST for those delicious hot dogs? ;) I can't help it - hot dogs are {one of} my weakness{es}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been better if you'd found $10. Duh. Anyway. Thanks for the shout out! I really do try my hardest to teach my daughter the importance of looking cute whenever you will be anywhere with a bathroom mirror. I'm also working on the duck face. It's a work in progress.

    And Ammon is a winner, even if he is a mean head and takes away slurpees.

    Happy not weekend anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping in?!?!?? What's that? I can't tell you the last time I slept past 7:30. Take full advantage now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to post about my weekend whether people want to read about it or not. haha!!! i liked yours tho- entertaining for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was totally enthralled. :)

    I never post about my weekends because well, they're basically the same as any other day, but also because I really don't do anything special. Every weekend post would look like this:

    IC and I went to yoga. Then we went grocery shopping. Then i baked something and cooked dinner. We watched a movie. I read to IC. I skyped with my parents and then I went to yoga again (we're into sunday now), and then I commented on my blogs. The end.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)