Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It happened

On Sunday, I posted about how I have a thrifting problem.  A couple of you asked for pictures of our latest find, even going so far as to say, "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".  So I got in touch with the blusband (blogger husband), and politely requested he forward me the pictures we had.  As an aside, if any of you know anyone who is good with furniture and antique appraisals, we could really use some assistance with dating and identifying this piece, so that we can determine what level of restoration is appropriate.  Thank you!  But anyway, enough of our pleas, here are the pictures.



What we saw in the store that stole my heart.  Look at the curves she has up top.  Gorgeous.

She has sexy kicks.  These are steel and leather casters, which area big part of our basis for setting the age at somewhere around 200-300 years old.  They quit using leather quite a while ago.

She protects her goodies.  Just look at those locks.  LOVELY.


She's built all kinds of sturdy.  Those are hand-carved dovetails.  You can tell they're hand-carved, because they aren't all the same.

From what we can tell, she used to have a mirror, but that appears to be long gone.  No matter, I just adore her, just the way she is.  Secretly, I hope that she isn't as old as we anticipate, so that we can restore her to full glory.  I'm not sure I can bear to give her to another home, even for all the dolla, dolla billz.

Would you have bought her?  What would you pay for something like this?

4 comments:

  1. I love thrifting. I am not an expert and would not help you with dating her BUT I think she is beautiful and would have definitely bought her!

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I love the dove tails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great find! My mom taught me to be a furniture snob of sorts, so I kind of know what I'm talking about. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted pics. :)
    That piece is absolutely gorgeous. Really, it is. And I'm quite positive it could be worth so much more than what you paid.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)