My sweet mother in law asked me for the recipe, and being the generous person I am, I decided that all of you deserve to have this recipe. It's one that came to me from the Revolt diet plan, and I have to say, it has been a total game changer on how I feel about this program.
It's gluten free. It's vegetarian. It's flipping DELISH. It's a little labor intensive, but if you make it, you will clearly see how worth it this is. So without further ado...
Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
What you need:
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- basil -- small package
What you do:
- First things first, turn on your fans/AC. It's gonna get hot in here.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Grate your cauliflower with a food processor or box grater. If you use a box grater, protect your fingers -- those bad boys are scary as heck.
- Microwave your cauliflower for 8 minutes, then allow it to cool. It should be soft, but not super mushy.
- Mix the grated cauliflower, one whole egg, one cup of mozzarella, and salt and pepper. This is the basis of your crust.
- Take a cookie sheet and put parchment paper on top. Dump your crust mixture on there and pat it out into a flat, even, roundish shape.
- Bake your crust for 10-15 minutes, until golden and awesome. Mine took 12 minutes, but I'm at 4900 feet above sea level, so if you aren't, you've probably gotta go longer.
- Marvel at how delicious it's already looking. Holy smokes.
- Spread your tomato sauce on top with a spatula. Sprinkle your remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil on top. You can chop up your basil if you want, but I like the look of whole leaves of basil. This is your mouth party.
- Stick that yummy awesomeness in your oven again for another 5 minutes or so. It will be all melty and yummy and bubbly. When it's out, cut it up and enjoy.
Each pizza makes 4 Kristen-sized servings.
Okay friends, go out and have a great weekend. Make good choices!