Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday!

I'm not always so pumped for Fridays.  We have a rotating schedule at work where we work 2 out of 3 Saturdays.  But this is my scheduled 3 day weekend, and I have Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off!  Since this is so amazing and awesome, I thought I would do the "Friday Letters" link up this week, since I was so excited to tell you about my jam packed weekend anyways =).

Dear Weekend,
We are going to have so much fun over the next 3 days.  Are you as excited as I am?  First thing tomorrow morning we are going to do the 5k that benefits Partners Mentoring Youth.  After that, we're going to get A to take us to Dempsey's for the yummiest breakfast ever.  Saturday night, we are going to my parent's house for dinner and to spend the night because... Sunday is skiing day!  That's right, weekend, we're all going to Copper for some super awesome almost-spring skiing.  But Monday is going to be super-special too, weekend.  You get a bonus day, because I will be donning a cute hippie-skirt and spending my first day of the season helping Viv get the garden ready.  There will be good music, iced tea, food, and twirling.  I know you just can't wait, weekend.  I can't wait either.

Dear Garden,
It's been a long time since I was able to cultivate you.  I'm so glad it's time again.  We are going to have an epic growing season, I promise.

Dear A,
I'm sorry you have to get up early both Saturday and Sunday, but I promise it'll be super fun anyway.  I wouldn't invite you if I didn't love spending so much time with you!

Dear 5k,
Please don't kick my tail.  I know I didn't train, but I really want to see where I'm at before I start training.   I hope you understand.

Dear Sewing machine,
I'm glad we've been getting a little bit of time together this month.  I want more.  I love you.

What letters are you writing this weekend?  Do you have any big plans, or are you actually **gasp** sleeping in and relaxing?  I don't seem to know how to do that...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for my garden this spring as well. I didn't pay much attention to it last year and only a few of them made it through the winter :(

    Can't wait to have some tomatoes and fresh herbs to cook with this summer! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. have so much fun during your 5k! 2. I am so jealous of your garden! everyone is posting about gardens and I am sad, I want one! 3. enjoy your long weekend, sounds like you deserve it! loved your letters, thanks for linking up!

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your 5k! Just have fun!!! And enjoy your 3 day weekend! It sounds like you have all kinds of exciting stuff going on.

    xo
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)