Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February Goals

Tomorrow I'll be posting a wrap-up of how I did with my January goals, but today I want to talk about how I am moving forward in February.  January was a great month, but I realized that I am going to have to tweak my approach going on.  For starters, I want to take more of a wellness approach to my life, and take the emphasis off of weight loss.  I want to make weight loss incidental to wellness, not the other way around.

  1. Continue to exercise 5 days a week.
  2. Add a second yoga practice on a day I am already working out, like Thursday, to allow for additional stretching
  3. Stick to a $230 grocery budget
  4. Help our food budget go further by making one vegetarian meal a week
  5. ...And even further by finding ways to incorporate food we already have in the house into meal planning
  6. Eat at least 1 cup of fruit or veg at breakfast, and two cups of veg at lunch and dinner EVERY day
  7. Make a tiered Barcelona skirt out of thrifted sheet, make aprons for Viv's Vintage as needed
  8. Continue to record my weekly gratitude exercise, and write a note to at least one person explaining why I appreciate them
  9. Have a date night with A
  10. Take one day for myself
  11. Spend 10 minutes each weekday cleaning and organizing the house
  12. Work on decorating our bedroom
  13. Spend 12 hours/week studying for school
I feel like February is going to be a very busy month!  I am, however, really excited to see the outcomes of these goals!  Some of these goals won't take too much extra time, while others are going to take some careful planning.  The organizing/cleaning and decorating goals have to do with my desire to improve our home environment.  Out of all of the Circle of Life areas, I am choosing to change this one this month for a few reasons.  The first one is that it seems like the easiest area to make big changes to.  The second reason is that I really can tell a difference in my mood and energy when I have a clean, beautiful home!  By having a nice home, I know that my outlook on other areas of my life will start to improve as well.

What are you looking forward to in February?  Are you changing your approach to your goals, or did the approach you chose in January work so well that you are going to stick with it?

1 comment:

  1. Daaaang girl with the goals! I feel wimpy now! I try one at a time until I feel it's become a habit and not a goal.

    We totally have the food thing in common. We should swap really awesome really cheap meals that would work in our budgets. Maybe I'll do a link up and we can get other peeps to join in and get a bloggy buddy cook book going! You want to join me!? We could totally tag team this!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)