Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Never Ending List

Part of today's to-do list before I thought too hard about it.  Really want cute paper to write my to-dos on

I feel like my to-do list is endless.  I guess this is both a good and a bad thing at the same time.  On the one hand, if your list is long, you are always busy and there is less time to become bored and complacent.  On the other hand, some things just always keep getting pushed to the back of the list because new things come up that are super-high priority.  I guess those things are the things that "don't matter" or "are optional", but I really don't think so.  I think it's the things that make me nervous.  Like sending off that gift that I think they'll love, but I'm not 100% certain.  Or sending a note to that person who's having a hard time, and I am afraid they'll take my sentiment the wrong way.  Most of the time, the things I hesitate to do are either self-enrichment, or reaching out to others.  The everyday tasks of laundry, shopping, cooking, going to the bank are easy.  But for whatever reason, being there for myself and others is hard.  I hate to admit it, because I love being there for people.  I just want them to come to me.  It feels less intimidating.  But don't the other people who are too afraid to come to me deserve a friend too?

Do you find yourself consistently avoiding certain to-dos?  What are they?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm always avoiding the things that I don't want to do. Sometimes I secretly hope that they will just do it themselves, like budgeting and looking at the amount of money in my bank account. It kinda scares me, but I've found that it scares me more when I don't do it and know what's really going on.

    Also, I'm sure that I'll LOVE my gift :) How could I not love something that you made just for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)