Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well, It's Wednesday, all right

I hate it when a day of the week feels like the very thing that everyone grumbles about.  Even with having Monday off of work, it already feels like it has been a long week.  Monday, A and I went skiing for the first time this year.  We had a great time, but I could tell we were out of practice.  Afterward, we treated ourselves:



Yummy micro-brewed wheat beer and chicken nachos!  I truly feel that there is nothing more satisfying after having gone after it on the slopes.

Tuesday was back to work.  The first week of the month is always the busiest, and since it was the first day of the new year we were open, it was even more so.

Today was a project day.  We had nearly 400 envelopes we needed to label and stuff.  Our supplies arrived right around 12:30.  Here's Emily showing off just about half of our labeling fun:


While all of this should have made for a fast week, I find myself struggling with my feelings a lot.  I know that I resolved to no longer suppress my emotions, but it is really hard.  I don't really feel comfortable sharing my stresses and my fears, my worries and my complaints with those around me, because I tend to obsess about them.  Like, a lot.  There are still things that happened in my life when I was 12 that still make me anxious just thinking about them.  So it just seems safer a lot of the time to pretend that nothing is  troubling me, especially during the work day.  I understand the theory that by acknowledging my thoughts, my fears, and my emotions that they will no longer have power over me.  I think that it is the next step of allowing myself to feel those emotions as they are happening that is really stopping me in my tracks.

...One struggle at a time I suppose.  In better news, I have been a good girl and made it to the gym every day this week.  This morning I went to my first spinning class in several years.  It was a humbling experience, and I am glad I went.  I look forward to making it a permanent part of my work-out routine.  *Side note, I can only do spinning workouts in the morning if my spin bike is positioned to get a direct blast of cold air from a fan.  No fan, no happy Kristen.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)