Friday, October 5, 2012

It snowed a bit last night

So, this is a post about snow.  We are gearing up for it big time around here.  Loveland ski area, the first resort to open normally each year fired up their snow guns at 2:00 yesterday morning.  They'll be open in 2 weeks, so all you ski bunnies go ahead and book those flights to come visit me for opening weekend, okay?  I'll get me skis waxed and tuned and we'll be good to go.


Also, it snowed down here a little bit during the night.  Dang.  It wasn't really supposed to snow today, it's supposed to snow tomorrow.  Colorado is one of those states where this is normal... Halloween costumes must be able to accommodate long underwear, and possibly a ski jacket, because more than likely there will be snow.  But people are stupid in the first snow storm of the year.  They forget to drive.  This is why I'm so glad that I live less than a 2 minute walk from our satellite work office, and the cars can sit in a lonely row together, instead of witnessing the accidents that will inevitably be spaced 100 yards apart on my 12 mile commute.

Don't worry, this isn't what it looks like today... just what it will look like soon enough.  The scooter, the outback, and the focus all sitting undriven....

Anyway, I have to go get ready for work now.  But know that this is why Colorado has an abbreviated Autumn:  We get a lot of snow and ice, which interrupts the pretty leaves on the trees, and they die immediately.  Then you have to shake your trees so that the tree limbs don't break from the weight of the snow, and all of the leaves come off too.  Boo early snow storms.  Boo.

10 comments:

  1. it is way too early for snow! you haven't even gotten to enjoy fall yet! I hope this is your last snow storm for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for snow this year. And I mean snooooow. Last year we got nothin'. I'm hoping for a real winter this time around. And if not? Guess who's coming to visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Snow already? I'd just like it to stop being in the high 80s here! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your pictures. I just finished writing my post about my trip to Denver. I'd love it if you checked it out since you influenced some of my activities. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! Found you from Alyx's Blog Of The Month! I can't believe you are already getting snow! It amazes me how different the weather can be in different parts of the country. I think our high yesterday was 85! Definitely no snow in Tennessee yet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that colorado got hit by some snow! North Dakota and Minnesota got it pretty bad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had NO idea at all that it snowed there SO early in the season. That's crazy. And sad. I've heard that NC has a longer Fall than SC, so I'm SUPER pumped! You can come visit us for some extra Fall weather, and I'll come visit y'all for some ski-action! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh! I would not like to live somewhere that gets that cold! :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shut up, already! I definitely do not miss that kind of weather...but I did live with a bunch of gals from Loveland in Russia when I went :) They said it was pretty comparable

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)