Thursday, April 19, 2012

You CAN do anything

This has been on my heart for a few days.  I really just need to tell you this, because I know you need to hear it.

You can do anything you want to do.  You are good enough, you are strong enough, you have what it takes to make your dreams come true.

Source

I am astounded each and every day by the things you are able to accomplish.  I read them, and I celebrate with you.  I really get excited for you over your triumphs.  I see how hard you work, and I sympathize when you write yet another post about pulling yourself up by the bootstraps to try again.

The fact that you choose to try again makes me smile, and cheer "You Go Girl!" loudly in my head.

When you stop believing in yourself, I just want to build you up again, and help you find what makes you so special.  Because we all see that special in you.  Every day.  Let us build you up when you're down.  Please.  You really do deserve it.

Source


And most of all, you deserve to accept praise and rewards.  I believe wholeheartedly in rewarding myself for a job well done.  My goal this week is to have over 11 miles of running completed by Sunday.  When I meet this goal, I'm going to get a pedicure.  Do you reward yourself for a job well done?  Are your rewards in line with your goals?  Or do you find yourself in a situation where you don't meet your goals and so you "punish" yourself for missing the mark?  If you punish yourself, please resolve today to get rid of that habit.  I don't care what they show you on the Biggest Loser.  I don't care that Bob uses the phrase "I will punish you" every. single. episode.

That is tv people, and this is real life.  If you can afford to have a full-time trainer who lives with you and refuses to let you fail every day for the rest of your life, you can have whatever inner monologue you want.  But if you're like me (read 2 people living off of 1 medium-small paycheck), you're never going to have this.  And the only way you are going to stay on that train to awesome-town is by being kind, loving, and understanding.

There will be times when you fall down.  There will be times when your goals seem too far off.  If you can realize that this is okay, and that you are on a lifelong journey, not a 6-week self-betterment bender, you will do just fine.

So let me tell you one more time, because I know you like to hear it.  You CAN do ANYTHING you want to do.  Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.  Especially yourself.  Love Always.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are the definition of wonderful wrapped up in even more wonderfulness.

    Can I keep you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just printed this out...thank you. How do you know what to say and when to say just when I need it?
    You are a blessing to me - thank you. for realz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly and wonderfully said! This is just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)