Monday, April 23, 2012

Moving forward

Happy Monday!  I m so glad you guys made it by today.  Last week was great for me, how was your week?  Did you accomplish everything you wanted to?

Last week I managed to workout 5 out of 7 days.  My goal has been 6 days, and I have consistently doing 5.  I find it hard to be down on myself about it, considering how difficult it is to wake up at 5:30am just to go exercise before work.  I did all 4 of my scheduled runs, and one swimming workout.  I also did a 70 minute yoga class on Monday, and a quick 25 minute yoga workout on Sunday.

Moving forward this week I am really going to challenge myself to make it to the pool for both of my swimming workouts this week.  It's such great cross-training for the running, and I feel so amazing when I'm done.

I also want to start working on integrating more yoga into my life.  I've been doing really well at stretching after my runs, which has helped immensely with injury prevention and muscle recovery, but I know I could be taking it further.  My hips have been really tight lately, and I want to get that sorted out, since I am gearing up for bike training in a week and a half.

Last week I admitted that I ate some foods that are not on my cleanse, and I forgave myself and moved on from it.  I am so glad that I did not let that one decision stand in the way of doing what my body needs!  I did have some frustration though with not feeling like I am getting the results I had initially anticipated. 



This week, I am glad to be on track and being my best!  I still need to meal plan and grocery shop, but the plan for this week is to pack in as many veggies as possible, and start to re-introduce small amounts of wheat into my diet.  I want to see if gluten is something my body is tolerating well, or if it is something that could give me trouble.  I am hoping gluten is okay, since I have all of this yummy bread at home!


This week I need to keep calm and move forward with what needs to be done.  There are 2 more weeks in the semester.  2 more weeks of my running training plan.  Everything is coming to a head, and instead of getting bogged down, I need to make a plan.

I need to accept that I may not be able to put up 6 blog posts a week, no matter how much I enjoy it.

What is up with you this week?  Do you have things that are coming to an end that you're trying to wrap up?

2 comments:

  1. Geez, you make me feel so lazy. I was just complaining (really, complaining) about not working out enough. I have ZERO motivation. It's something I am actively trying to change...giving up one Reese cup at a time. Haha.

    I've seen you comment on several of my blogs but for some insane reason I can't tell if you are following me. Either way, I'm following you now! So good to be blog friends!

    -Stephanie
    quallsquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)