Saturday, April 21, 2012

Uplifted

Guys, I realized something, just now as I wrote the title to this post.  Before I wrote the title, I didn't know where to go with this today.  But as I wrote the word "Uplifted" in that white title bar, I was flooded with things to tell you.

I have had so many happy love notes pop up in my email browser this past week.  So many people sharing good news, joys, and happiness.  And I have to tell you.  I feel so uplifted by all of it.

First off (and by far the most important), my mom officially "ended" chemo on Wednesday.  I say "ended" because her last infusion was 3 weeks prior, but it takes 21 days to work its way out of your system.  My family was so fortunate that she got through chemo with minimal side effects.  So minimal, in fact, that she and I went on 4 skiing trips during her chemotherapy.  4!!!!  She is a total bad-ass.  She starts in with setting up the radiation treatments next week.  Those will be 5 days/week for 6 weeks.  After that, she'll have anti-hormone therapy for 5 years... I guess this is just a pill that she will take every morning, because they suspect that her breast cancer was hormonally linked.  Either way, the road is not over, but the end is in sight.  I really don't count taking a pill each day for 5 years as being nearly as challenging as chemo and radiation.  Sorry, I just don't.  She's almost through it.  I know that if I am half as tough as she is, I can conquer the world (if I feel like it).

I have to thank you all for the support you showed for Thursday's post.  I wrote it for all of us.  I kept reading the things you all had to say in your blogs, and I felt like we were all at this same place.  And like we all needed some sweetness.  What surprised me most was how much it helped me, just by writing it.  By writing it, I started to believe it.  And that made me so impossibly uplifted.

These did not permanently ruin my life.
 I am uplifted that I did not get really down on myself for eating meat Thursday night.  That Friday morning, I got back on the detox train, and kept on like nothing had happened.  I worked out Friday morning, like I was supposed to.  I didn't let one not-so-great decision derail everything I've been working towards.  It must seem impossibly small to some, but to me I could have just climbed Everest for the amount of triumph I feel for this accomplishment.

I feel uplifted that I am almost at the end of this semester in school, and not only did I survive it, but I've ROCKED it.  It has been an adjustment to say the least, having a full time job, going to school, eating right, working out, blogging, and having A and B in my life.  Yet I'm looking at 2 solid A's, and 1 B that I have a chance of converting into an A when all is said and done.  I feel like Rocky, yo.

Thank you for stopping in today.  Please take a second to share with everyone, not just me, but this community here, how you have been uplifted this past week.  Whether you comment regularly or not, we would all love to hear your great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)