Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More important

Hi love muffin.  Yes, you, sitting there across from me.  I'm so glad you made it today.  I know you've had some health, fitness, and diet questions for me lately.  I'm so glad you're comfortable asking me those things.  I love helping you discern what might work for you.  But I want for you to know something.
Until you love and accept yourself fully, no diet or exercise plan in the world is going to work.  Until you believe in your personal strength and power, nothing that I tell you is going to become feasible.  I hear you tell me that you love yourself.  I hear you.  But I don't BELIEVE you.  Because if that were the case, muffin, we would be having different conversations.  It would be about how you can best give your body what it really needs.  It would be more about moving to the next level, not about "I need to lose weight", or "I need to get into shape".

Source


So can we shift our mindsets for a while?  Away from this urge to diet that stems from self loathing and shame.  Let's shift towards love for a moment, k?  Take diet and exercise out of the picture.  Let's do an exercise.  Write a list of 10 things you love about yourself.
...
...
...
Did you write it?  Could you come up with 10?  Or did you get stuck?

Source
That is your goal now.  To come up with 10 things you love about yourself.  Then focus on those things.  Do you love that you are a devoted mother?  That you care deeply about animals?  Show those sides of you.  Then report back to me and let me know how it goes, okay?

Okay???

I see some of you rolling your eyes right now.  I see some of you waiting for me to supply you with correct answers.  I can not give you those answers.  The only person who has those is you.  You know your heart better than anybody.  Let it seek out your own soul as it does those around you, even for a minute or two.  It's okay to like yourself.  It's okay to love yourself, even if you aren't where you want to be.  Nobody is where they want to be.  Does that mean that nobody deserves love?

Source
I care about you, muffin.  I hope you can start to see why you are so worthy of that caring and affection.  Go out there and have a beautiful day.

6 comments:

  1. It's easy to build others up - I do it all the time. When you gave me the assignment that other day to say 2 nice things about myself - oh my gosh, that was the hardest thing to do!
    But I'm going to try...I promise.
    Thank you for being my "sparkle moment" today, Miss Inspiration Nation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that just blew my chili dog out the window. But somehow i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just called me love muffin.

    I don't know how to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pahahaha, I'm not sure that I'm a love muffin... but I do love this post!!!
    I think it's something that every person needs to hear!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)