Monday, June 25, 2012

Countdown to Birthday

Here it is guys... We are within a week of my birthday.  It's on Sunday, in fact.  And between now and then, I have posts planned or every. stinkin'. day. 

This is where I'm supposed to tell you how stoked I am for a day when I can do whatever I want, eat a whole bunch, and be lavished upon with gifts.  The truth is... I am feeling pretty introspective about this upcoming celebration.  I am looking forward to it, just not in the way I did as a kid.

My 20s are coming to a close... this year marks the beginning of the "late 20's" stage.  27.  Isn't it funny what you picture about being an age?  At 22, I was positive that I would have a great job, a husband, and maybe even a kid.  5-ish years later...

I have a good job.  It pays the bills, it has allowed for Ammon and I both to go back to school without Ammon having to work.  No, there isn't much left over at the end of the month, but we are getting by okay.  And I work with the most supportive, loving people.  They are amazing.



I'm not married but I did manage to find a far superior man to the boys I was dating back then.  We have a pretty solid thing going on.  And after 2.5 years, I've gotta say it just keeps getting better for us.

No baby, either.  But that's okay.  Honestly, I always wanted career, husband, then baby.  I'm getting the opportunity to have it husband, career, then baby.  And that suits me just fine.

No mini-me for us just yet!
But just because I'm not there yet doesn't mean I'm not planning how we'll get there.  Next year we hit marriage mode... and there's a lot to do before we get there! 

So, I decided to pick a phrase that I'm going to use to define these next 12 months... from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.

...I can tell I work in leasing, because I had to spell that out for you.  Breanne, I hope you're proud.

But, if you want to hear what my defining phrase of the 27th year is going to be, you'll have to come back tomorrow!  Have a fabulous Monday, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. hey, I don't have a baby either. want to be friends? ;)
    I completely agree ... I thought I would have kids by 22. hmmm. I still feel young, but then I look at my friends who have 3, 4 kids. whoa. when did this happen and where was I? drinking on the beach I think.
    happy almost birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a baby. We can be friends! =) I can't wait to hear your phrase for the year ~ I'm sure it'll be just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how life unfolds? My life has definitely turned out differently than I'd planned... but it's definitely turned out for the best!
    Happy almost Birthday! I'm excited for your posts this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makin me wait until tomorrow.. lame.

    However, happy almost birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what your phrase is! What I'm learning is that as much as you want to have a plan in life, sometimes life takes on a life of its own... roll with the punches, enjoy the moment and live! Happy week of your birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)