Friday, February 17, 2012

Ceiling fans and baseboards

I never mentioned why a good home environment is important to health and weight loss.  I feel stupid for not having said word one on this.

I think Home Environment is important to total health and weight loss, because when you are happy with your home, you are happy to stay there.  You'll eat in more, be able to unwind more quickly, sleep better.  And if you just so happen to be in love with a homebody, you won't mind those date nights in so much.

10 minutes of cleaning a day has changed my world.  I love being home now, because I don't see huge problems everywhere I look.  I see a plan for what I am going to do each day to make my space work for me.  Yesterday, I went home early from work because things were pretty slow.  A wasn't feeling good and was lying down in the bedroom.  I went to sit with him for a while, and stared up at our lazily rotating ceiling fan.  I love our fan.  I spent hours picking out just the right one, then I bought a second one for our office just because I liked it so much.

I really hate the dust that builds up on those fans though.  I did not take a picture.  I didn't want to make anyone sick (or make anyone think my house is always like that!).  As I sat there, I couldn't stop obsessing about that dust.  I got anxious.  I had to get rid of it RIGHT NOW!  So after convincing A that it was ok if I didn't sit there with him, I got up and decided to put my 10 minutes to the best use.  I grabbed an old t-shirt and got to cleaning.  Now, cleaning 2 ceiling fans takes maybe 5 minutes, but I have one other thing that drives me nuts, and that is dirty baseboard heaters.  Every couple of months I carwl under my desk at work to clean my baseboard heaters.  Inveitably, I'm weaing a skirt, and someone walks by to witness me crammed under my desk wiping furiously at the half inch of dust on the heater.  It's kinda embarrassing, really.  It was such a relief to kill 2 sets of nasty with one wet rag.  And even though to the casual observer, our hose looked no different, it made a world of difference to me.

But then again, I might just be crazy obsessive girl.  Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)