Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Too effective

Lately I've noticed a few things in my life that are either too effective, or I'm highly effective at doing... sometimes leading to "interesting" consequences.  So, in no particular order...

1) The Revolt Diet:  This week, I am starving ALL of the time, and actually getting light-headed.  I've been following the diet to a "T", but this week I added one mile of running to my workouts.  Just one mile.  12 minutes (yes, I run slow).  And all of a sudden I feel like I'm going to pass out while driving.  Uhhhh... no thank you?  Even celery is tasting good right now, and that's practically impossible.  I think I'm going to be going up to the next calorie level of the diet in the next few days to see if things get better.

Via


2)  Coffee:  It just does so many good things that I will never quit.  You keep me happy.  You keep me awake.  You keep me regular.  Sometimes so much so that I have to make a run across complex for the bathroom.  Too much???



3)  Drinking a gallon of water every day:  Yes, every day, even cheat days.  I've gotten so good at this that I'm almost always done with a gallon by 6:00pm.  I now find myself needing to be close to the toilet every 30 minutes, no matter what.  My main office and my apartment are 20-35 minutes apart from each other, depending on traffic.  It gets kind of dicey some days.

I had absolutely no plans to turn this into a conversation entirely centered around my bathroom habits, but I guess it happens every now and then.  Consider these words to the wise... there can be, in fact, too much of a good thing.

Have a great day, guys!  Drink your water, it makes big things small!

8 comments:

  1. I love water. Love it!! It's the best. My thing is that I can't drink it without ice, though, and sometimes that is problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad about water! Really liquids in general. I never get thirsty. Ah yes coffee. I will never quit coffee either. Last week I was having the same pass out feeling. I think I cut my calories too much. Dieting sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahahaha - coffee makes me regular too - sometimes it's tricky making that 45 minute drive to work every morning....

    If celery tastes good then something is very very wrong. I mean, I like celery - but more because it's crunchy not because it really tastes good. Well, maybe with peanut butter or cream cheese...... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never quit coffee either. I don't really understand people who think giving up coffee is a good thing?!

    That being said, I DO need to drink more water! Major props to you for that.

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously need to get better at drinking water. I'm simply terrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had about 1/2 a bottle of water today so far...not good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)