Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Just a few things running through my mind today

I'm going to keep this short today, because I didn't get out of bed until almost 6:30, and so my workout got pushed back, and thus my free time before work suddenly is much shorter.  But I have some random thoughts to share.

1)  I think it's hilarious that while all of you have gone on the "blog every day in May" bender, I find myself completely disinterested in blogging.  Well, not really disinterested, per se... more that I have nothing to say that's interesting.  Unless you want to hear about the never ending data entry catch-up project at work, or how amazing food tastes this week, or my Accounting homework.

2)  On that same vein, food tastes AMAZING this week.  Oh em gee, guys.  After a week of plain chicken, spinach, egg whites, oh my, I feel like Michelle Tanner when I dig into my morning plain old fashioned oatmeal:

Via
3)  Expectations.  It amazes me the expectations that people have for themselves, and for others.  I have really high expectations of myself, and I do my best to meet them in every way possible.  It is not easy to work full time, go to school, and plan a wedding, so I try to prioritize.  What kills me is that a lot of people set entirely different sets of expectations, and different sets of priorities for me to meet.  I want to meet their expectations, but they are so far out of line with what I'm doing that it's practically a lost cause.

Via
And I know a bunch of you are going to say something like "screw all those other people", right?  Well, the truth is, they aren't entirely wrong.  We have been utterly neglecting the wedding so that we can get through school, and they are trying in their way to keep us on track.  I get it, I just don't like it, you know?

Anyway, it's time for another protein shake.  I feel bad always telling you when I have these, because I know that ALL of you love them oh so much ;-).  Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Let me coordinate something from afar! What are you neglecting? How can I help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ABSOLUTELY nothing going on in my life right now since work is dictationg 97% of the time that my eyes are open. So this blogging every day in May is giving me something to talk about or else I probably wouldn't even be blogging right now. haha


    also, I really want some spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have full-time work AND school in the midst of wedding planning. I was always adamant about not even getting engaged till I was done with undergrad, so I wouldn't have to deal with school on top of everything else.

    Hang in there, it'll all be over before you know it!

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. I noticed the "Blog everyday may" thing. I didn't even consider it since my life has not blogworthy of late!

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - nothing interesting happening in my life, especially since I've cut myself off from ranting about work on my blog. Even if I do want to kick my boss' teeth in today. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you on the blogging thing. I have been pouring everything into the new moms blog. And I'm in one of those situations whee I have things I want to blog abt but can't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the worst when the people who are on your back are actually kind of right. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least they want to keep you accountable! Good luck balancing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the blogging. I'm a big ole debbie downer with all the crap going on in our life, so it's not to fun to read. I'm trying to not let it control everything, but it's a little hard when your life is flipped upside down, ya know?! Talk wedding to me, I want to help!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)