Monday, May 13, 2013

Revolt -- Week 3

Did you guys miss me?  Yeah, I didn't think you had.  It was honestly a pretty spectacular thing to walk away from blogging for a few days.  I understand why so many of you do it.  Sometimes it's pretty hard to come up with something interesting, or funny, or heartfelt, or inspiring to say.  Hopefully now that school is done (for the semester), I am back on track.

Today starts week 3 of my 12 week Revolt Fitness journey.  When I weighed in on Thursday, I weighed 146.4 pounds, which is down from my starting weight of 148.8.  Oh yeah, it's getting real up in here now if I'm telling you how much I weigh.

My week 2 progress picture.  At the end, I want to make a collage of all of them to show the time-lapse of this journey.  That is, provided the results warrant such work.

The food during week 2 was much better.  We had the choice of a few meal plans, but we chose ours based solely on the fact that it involved guacamole.  I would do just about anything for that stuff.  It's my fave.  Sad note though, is that the tri-tip steak we bought for dinners went bad halfway through the week, and I didn't really want to go out and spend money on any more.  Also, with it having been Mother's day weekend, we took my mom out on Saturday, and we spent the afternoon on Sunday with Ammon's mom, so one cheat day ended up becoming 2.  Hopefully, this won't completely throw off all of the hard work I've been doing.  I made it a point to drink plenty of water, and I tried to balance out my choices.  However, this most certainly happened:


And this:


So it's back to clean eating for me.  This coming weekend Ammon's dad will be staying with us, so it will be a challenge to eat on plan.  I may have to feed the 2 of them something else while I try to stay on track.  I just don't know yet, but I have to figure out a way to be better on these weekends.

The workouts.  Ummmmm, yeah.  I did 4 out of 5 this week, and I felt really unhappy with them.  The workouts are meant to be progressed through the 6 week cycle, so that they get harder as they go along.  I started the program with the week 3 workout, and this week was the week 4 workouts.  Even the easiest level was so challenging that I had to make a lot of modifications, and as a result, I just felt frustrated, and like I didn't get enough out of it.  It's my own mental block, because doing anything is better than nothing.  I'm just dang competitive, especially with myself, and I hate not being able to finish something in the manner that it's designed to be completed.

This week I am going to be starting to incorporate running back in.  I backed off when I started this program so that I wouldn't overdo it.  The goal for this week is to run 1 mile before each Revolt workout.  While it isn't a lot, it will be a great test of where my endurance is at, and if the cross training is making a difference in my running.  Hopefully next week I can run even more, but bit by bit I will make it there.  Also, I would really like to get in all 5 workouts this week... even if they frustrate me, and even if I have to modify every dang move.

So that's where I'm at.  I can't wait to catch up with everyone and find out what you have all been up to!

Disclaimer:  Revolt Fitness provided me a free 12 week membership in exchange for a comprehensive review of the program.  All opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Great job so far! It's ok though you will get better with the workouts! I also learned do as much as you can.

    xoxo
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great, Kristen! Keep your chin up with the workouts - it's important to remember that something IS better than nothing, and while it may not feel like it, you are always improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are doing well so far on the program. The weekends will get easier to deal with and you will have better cheat days. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Every day is a new day to get back on track and work harder towards your goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! I just take it all one day at a time. Some days I can power through the workout on an upper level, other days when the video starts I feel like just lying there on my mat. And I remind myself that as I continue I will gain strength. That is my biggest motivation; I want to be strong. We got this :)

    xx Emorie @ohwhimsicalme

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 lbs lost is right on track! And stop beating yourself up. Any fitness is better than nothing! Keep it up Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. You look fantastic. It's okay to slip up a few time, I mean I have as well. As long as you recognize where you went wrong.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)