Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One of those Sesame Street type things

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "S".  Today, S is for serendipity, and for school.



Serendipity:  That perfect moment when 2 people are brought together by fate.  Something special, interesting, almost magical happens in this moment.  Okay, it isn't the official definition.  Not even close.  But it's my definition, and by gum, I am sticking with it.

Maggie and I traded mail yesterday!  How cool is that?  She is one of the lucky 5 ladies I felt inspired to send mail to last Thursday evening, and after a great as usual Google chat on Friday night, she sent me this sweet, adorable card:


I can not begin to tell you how well she nailed it with this one.  The card really, truly captures what I need to strongly consider, and learn and grow in.  I am not good at balance.  I am working hard to acknowledge the great powers within me.  But it is a daily struggle, and I was struggling at the moment this arrived.  Thank you, Maggie, for the right words at the right time.  Especially the sweet, private words on the inside.  Those were fantastic.

School:  It's back in session.  Yesterday was day one of spring semester for both Ammon and I.  Ammon has a night class now on Tuesday nights, so I took my sweet time after work getting home and getting logged on to my 2 classes for the semester.  Then my eyes jumped out of my head, I wigged out for a second, and I realized that I needed to drop one of those 2 classes.  It wasn't going to be right for me, in any way shape or form.  And to add to that, it's something I would need in order to get a Bachelor's, but not an Associates.  Since that's all I'm working on for now, and since the transfer credit limit is 72, I decided to pass on the insane class that would forever ruin my life, and pick up Payroll Accounting to compliment Accounting Principles II.  I'm not sure if this combination will be much better, but I doubt it could be much worse, and it DOES count as required toward my Associates.  And it's practical.

Is that more than you ever wanted to know about my school schedule?


Here's a picture of Beckham to make it all better.  Fun story, I was laying on my stomach, and he was laying on my back when I took this, which is my way of rationalizing how crappy this picture is.  We totally spend more time than I should admit cuddled up like this.

Oh, and as a last point of reference, yesterday marked 5 months until our wedding.  If you think you've seen me in stress mode already (look at all these S words today!), you haven't seen anything yet.  These next 5 months are going to be insane!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love you and I'm so glad my card was just what you needed. I dig those cards and save them for extra special pick me ups that people need. =) You free Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon and I got engaged and were married 3 months later.
    ask me if I got stressed.
    only once and that was when the invites were royally screwed up by the printing company. They had to completely reprint everything. I cried because the reprint was going to take another three days because of the weekend, and I was positive no one was going to come because they got their invite 2 weeks before the wedding instead of 2 1/2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is PERFECTION.

    And 5 months! Breathe deep, I promise you'll get through it and it'll be so worth it. Just take it day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my cat sits on my back too! I think they love the body heat.

    I know it's hard, but try not to stress too much over your wedding! It will be perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone needs that card as a reminder. How sweet! I went to college at 22 and then again at 25. I obviously liked torture. I couldn't do it now because I value sleep. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this idea of focusing on a letter and writing things about it. Great idea! Also, I love your thoughts on serendipity- so beautiful! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better! I hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)