And speaking of Germans... Kaylee over at All Things Bright and Beautiful nominated me for another Liebster award! So first and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to Kaylee for the recognition!
The way it works:
~I tell you 11 random things about myself
~I answer 11 questions that Kaylee was dying to know the answer to
~I nominate up to 11 amazing blogs with 200 or fewer followers
~I ask those incredible bloggers 11 questions
So let's get started, yes?
1) Whenever I use a paper coffee cup, I have to make sure that the drinking hole on the lid is directly opposite the seam of the paper cup.
2) I sleep on the right side of the bed
3) I hate having my fingernails painted, but I hate when my toenails are not painted
4) I love to read... mostly urban fantasy and science fiction, because it's like a mini vacation from reality.
5) I almost never wear makeup, but I have a whole lot of it
6) I usually feel guilty when I relax
7) I get most of the nerd jokes on "The Big Bang Theory"
8) I love salsa. I use it like most people use ketchup
9) In high school I was a volunteer skiing instructor for an adaptive skiing program
10) One of my lifelong dreams is to adopt/foster parent children with disabilities
11) We REALLY want to get a dog, but we can't because of our apartment regulations. We're in negotiations between getting a boxer first, or a chocolate lab.
Kaylee's Q & A:
1) What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird. Scout is Awesome.
2) What is one thing you totally regret? Not being able to see my family and friends as often as I would like... travel is expensive!
3) What is one thing you never want to forget? The moment that Ammon first told me he loved me. So magical!
4) Where would you be right now if you could? Probably visiting family and friends in California
5) What is your happy place? Bloomington, IN, where I went to college
6) Have you ever cried over spilt milk? Or anything else equally silly? I am so unbelievably clumsy, so crying over spilt beverage went out the door a long time ago. However, I do tend to freak out about some really ridiculous things.
7) Favorite blog and why? The Coffeehouse. I love reading about Tiffany's adventures with her Chocolate lab, Sherman. Oh, and she has a husband with a million hobbies. And she's hilarious. I love her.
8) What would you eat for your last meal? Barbecue. Specifically, the feast for two from our local barbecue spot. Yummmmmmmm
9) You're stranded on an island. You can bring one celeb, one food item, one song to listen to and one other random item.... go! oh, and why? I would bring Mindy Kailing, because she's sweet and hilarious; bulk rice and beans because they don't go bad, they're nutritionally complete, and easy to cook; "Call me Maybe" because that song just makes me so darn happy, and if I'm going to be stranded I need to be happy; and a blanket. I can not sleep without blankets, no matter what.
10) How long did it take for you to answer the last question? Two minutes. Total gut instinct.
11) What movie are you most excited about seeing before the year is over? "Wreck it Ralph". I have been obsessed with seeing this now for months!
My nominees (only 6, because 11 is a lot):
1) Elsha at When Mine Became Ours
2) Kristina at Everything Changes
3) Whitney from The Middle of the Street
4) Allie from This & That
5) Maggie from Finding Myself
6) Heather from The Life Unexpected
1) What motivated you to start blogging?
2) If you had to choose between Top Ramen and Kraft Mac and Cheese to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
3) What is your favorite memory of 2012 thus far?
4) If you could have any exotic animal as a pet, which one would you choose?
5) What is your favorite family tradition?
6) What is your favorite childhood book?
7) What blog do you make it a point to read every day, even if you don't read anyone else's blog that day?
8) What is your favorite leftover halloween candy?
9) If you had to participate in some sort of long distance iconic event (long bike tour, marathon, sailing around the world) what would you choose and why?
10) If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
11) Give me three words that you feel sum you up well... no explanations of the words!
Thank you again to Kaylee for honoring me with the Liebster! Have a great day, all =)