Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I changed my mind

I'm fully aware that I promised you guys a vlog about what's on my heart.  Well, Ammon's taken over the office to work on a major presentation for his Senior Seminar, and I'm currently obsessing over Dancing with the Stars, and The Voice.  Can I just mention that I'm so glad that Kelly and Val are going through to next week?  I officially love them.




Rawr.  I think it's the extra element of drama they add with the entire "are they?" love affair business.  Totally a cheap trick from a soap star, but I just don't care.  It works.

It also reminds me of Cameron Diaz's character from "What to Expect When You're Expecting".


Source: imdb.com via kanna on Pinterest


I wish I could've found a picture of her winning the dancing competition.  Oh well.  Such is life.

So, speaking of pregnancy, I don't think I've mentioned my baby fever over here in a hot minute.  I'm really excited for Alyx to have her baby, so that we can all meet up and go camping and I can hold her baby next summer.  Alyx and I have a mutual love for Custer, SD, and have made a pact to make it there at the same time next summer.  I plan to get as much baby-snuggling time in as she'll let me.  And even better?  If I were already preggers when that trip happens.  Would it surprise you to know that I want to get knocked up like, the DAY after our wedding???  I do.  I'm ready to start the motherhood book in the saga of my life.

...I have no picture to accurately depict all of that nonsense.  Whoops.

Last, I'm leaving you with another TED talk.  I hope you aren't sick of these... there are a few thousand out there, so expect lots of sharing on my part from here on out.  This one has a lot to do with the heavy thoughts I want to talk about in my vlog.  So, if you want to watch my vlog, it would be good to watch this TED talk first, so that I don't have to spend 5 minutes summing things up.  Besides, if you're at all like me, you'll spend at least 20 minutes looking at crazy stuff on the internet today... might as well make it something that is simultaneously informational and educational.


Tony Robbins is pretty incredible, no?  No matter how you feel about some of his language and methods, this guy knows his stuff.

So, perhaps tomorrow I'll spill my heart.  Then again, tomorrow is a Thursday, and we all know how I feel about Thursdays.  I guess we'll see what happens!

8 comments:

  1. Tony Robbins is pretty awesome! Great blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got pregnant with Nathan a month after we got married. Imagine the shock on my doc's face when he said "Didn't I just put you on birth control before your wedding". Yep, doc you sure did. But shit happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Fever - The #1 Thing We *DON'T* Have In Common.

    Something had to be at the top of the list, though, right? :)

    Can't wait to hear that vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so jealous of you getting to love on Alyx's baby. Can the King and I come join y'all? Us easterners might not fare well, but are up for new challenges. P.S. I have massive baby fever too. You will be one spectacular mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love you. Like, a lot. You never fail to put a smile on my face. Seriously. I think we need to have a gchat or something, because i feel like we haven't talked in forever. and most of that is my fault, because i suck at answering emails and texts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh babies. Please have one soon so that I can oooh and awww over that little bug. You would be THE best mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, babies. I totally understand. The majority of me is DYINNNGGG to get knocked up. But realistically we probably should move out of our tiny one bedroom apartment and make a smidge more money first. But when that happens, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be shopping for maternity pants.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)