Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And then we...

I decided on Wednesday night that I should recap both Thursday and Friday for you guys in their entirety.  They were long.  They were ridiculous.  I would do it all again if I had to.  Worth it.

Thursday morning started at 5:30 am.  I saw this as I squinted through the blinds:

I took a shower, and tooled around in blogland for a few quiet minutes while I drank coffee #1 of the day.

Next, I grabbed Heather, and we went back to my house to grab things we forgot before we headed to breakfast.  Heather got to play errand girl with me all day.  I had coffee #2, and took coffee #3 to go.
And away to Denver we went.  I had forgotten to give Connie (mother in law) some stuff a few days prior, so our first stop was her house about an hour and a half away.  We were also in Denver to pick up our brother in law from the airport, but his flight didn't come in right away (BIG delay), so we went to the bank and Hobby Lobby.
Wives of woodworkers: Do you find yourselves taking pictures of things in places so that your husband can make them for you, and at a much lower price?  Ammon says that you probably do.

After a long interlude at Hobby Lobby, we made our way to the airport.  We had been told it was an hour and a half delay, with the flight getting in to DIA at 11:30.  We got to the airport at 11:06am.
We promptly checked the arrivals board, only to learn that the flight was delayed until noon.
It turns out that Heather loves people watching at airports as much as I do, so we decided to watch the arrivals come off the train.  As a result, we learned there was a huge girl's travel soccer tournament happening.  I haven't seen that many teenage girls in one place since sorority rush.  Doug's flight finally made it in around 12:15, and we got his bags and ditched the airport by 12:45.  By this point, we were all starving, so we decided to stop at a Qdoba near our next destination, the florist.
After an infusion of food and caffeine, we went to pick up the flowers.  There were a ton of them.  I was really glad we had brought a big strong man with us. 
We took the long way back to my place so that the Texans could see some of CO.  They totally dug it.  When we finally arrived at home, we had to process the flowers (we bought wholesale and then assembled the bouquets and arrangements).  Doug really loved that part (sarcasm), but he was a good older brother-in-law, and did what needed to be done.

Doug was meeting up with the boys at 5, and Heather needed to get her nails done, so they both rushed out around 4:30.  I collapsed on the couch and didn't move for an hour and a half.  When I did move, it was to go to dinner with my sisters-in law, my bridesmaids, and a couple of other friends.  We knew we needed to knock out the bouquets for Saturday after dinner, so we tried to behave on the drinking front.  The bridesmaids, Victoria's mom, and I went back to the apartment to finish the flowers.  It was far more entertaining than it sounds, and the girls had a blast assembling their own bouquets.  It made the whole thing so much more personal for all of them.

Victoria spent the night, and we passed out at 1am.  A very long day, but so full of great people and landmark events.


  1. Sounds like a great day - and typical of the pre-wedding rush. I remember the two days before my wedding to be much the same... errands, drinking, wrapping gifts, dropping stuff off. =) Good for you for having great helpers!

  2. Oh the few days before a wedding are crazy! Glad you survived. And we will be coming through your area on the middle of the night. :( I didn't even know we were going for sure till last week! We are hitching a ride with my dad.

  3. Whoa, what a long day. I love that you made your own bouquets though, I can't wait to see them.

  4. Whew! A rush but awesome :) You made it through!

  5. Such a long day!
    I sometimes take pictures of clothes so that I can "recreate" them at home for less money!

    XO Lourdes

  6. what a crazy day! it sounds like it was all worth it though. can't wait to read the rest of your wedding recaps!

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

  7. I love that the girls were able to assemble their own bouquets. So fun


I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)