Friday, March 8, 2013

Corporate Khaki

I've made no secrets about how I have felt about this week.  This has been that crazy week where I feel like I'm either delirious with joy, or delirious with stress and anxiety for every minute of every day.  But the funniest moment of the week by far?

Realizing that my brand new "smokey taupey grey" nail polish is the exact same color as the phone buttons at work.  Sorry cute julep nail polish with a girly name, you are now "corporate khaki" up in these parts.  Don't worry, I still love you... I just wish you didn't help me camouflage in the office.  It's better to stand out in these types of places.

I realize that yesterday's post probably came off a little whiny... I apologize.  I really intended for you to laugh at my misfortune.  It was an unfortunate day, but in the end, all I could do was laugh as we ate mediocre food at Red Robin and receive deplorable service.  It was exactly as a crappy day should end, and I'm sure I looked like "that girl" laughing hysterically about things that aren't funny.  You know the one.

Thank you so much to Marianna and Nay for the love yesterday on their blogs!  You are such sweet women, and I am incredibly blessed to have you in my life.  Michelle put it perfectly yesterday when she wrote "You guys are my friends. My friends. And not just blog friends, no, you're my real life friends. Blogging is real life...for me at least."  Can any of you think of a more real, true sentiment?  We build lives in different parts of the country.  We go to work, we spend time with our loved ones, we live our lives separate.  And yet, when I have a rough day, it's you guys offering love and support.  It's you guys who crack jokes about sister wives with me.  It's you guys who like all of my pictures on Instagram, and mention me in Tweets.  You're usually my morning and evening plans.

So thank you girls who are reading this.  There are Mean Girls in the blogging world.  I know there are.  I know that I'm more like the girl who likes to talk about feelings than I am a Gretchen, or a Karen, or a Regina.


Thanks for liking the girl who just wants us to be a community based around love and mutual respect.  It says a lot about who you are as people.  You guys are amazing.  So much love to each and every one of you.

9 comments:

  1. I like that nail color! Even if it is "corporate khaki" ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that nail color!! I need to go use my Ulta coupon on it.

    And I LOVE the words you used about blogging. So so very true and I hope I never come across a mean girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best Mean Girls meme ever! I still like that nail polish color, even though it matches the buttons on my phone in my cube too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! {that's kisses by the way}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha corporate khaki. Brilliant!

    Blogging friends are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that meme. And corporate khaki. Love.

    On a more serious note, the blog world really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I consider you a friend. I love blogging because it lead me to this amazing blogworld!

    XO Lourdes

    PS... I LOVE that nailpolish!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)