Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bags, wedding planning, and other such nonsense

Today, I'm providing you with the most random vlog I've done yet... I think you'll dig it ;-)

Before we get to my randomness though, I want to talk about some of my adventures in wedding planning.  If you're new here, or you just don't stop in often, I'm getting hitched.  Next August.  And guess what?  We really haven't done too much planning.  I will let you in on some of the details we've come up with so far.

Dresses... are being handmade.  Yes, really.  I'm planning on making mine, and with a little luck and a wish, my mothers-in-law will hopefully be helping with the bridesmaid's dresses.  I bought the patterns, on sale for $2.88 EACH, for a grand total of... $12.64, including tax and shipping.

You can congratulate me on my thrifty prowess after the wedding is over, and I can disclose to everyone actual totals for everything for the wedding.  I have a feeling that the fabric for these dresses won't be so cheap.

Colors... we're thinking a medium dusty sky blue, and a grassy-ish green.  This is all 100% dependent on the fabric I can find for the bridesmaids dresses.  Since those fabrics won't come into season until January or February, we're going to leave that up in the air.  My dress (the one on the left, the shorter length) will be some version of cream/off-white.  I'm hoping to make my own birdcage veil in the same shade.

Budget... is SMALL.  We are trying to get really creative, which is tough, given that our wedding has to accommodate at least 100 people.  I think that when I did a rough count, we were planning on inviting 125-150 people to our wedding.  That is a lot of people, give what we're working with.  To balance that out, I'm working hard to be creative about what we want to do, and how we can accomplish it.

The feel... a Vintage 1950's picnic.  Fried chicken, deviled eggs, potato sack races, horseshoes... I want everyone who attends to just have a REALLY FUN DAY.  I'm not that into the traditional wedding for myself.  This just really seems to fit who we are and what we're about.

That's all the wedding stuff I'm going to give you for now... gotta space it out over the next 10-11 months!  So, [insert awkward transition here] let's talk about bags.  Every lady I know has several.  And we carry around the craziest stuff.  So, these lovely ladies threw out this question:


Hope Squared

Here is my official answer:

As y'all can tell, at this moment I'm a hot mess, and it's nearly an hour since I actually recorded the vlog.  AKA, it's my bedtime.  AKA, I'm an old fuddy duddy who doesn't get out much.  Oh how times have changed since college...

I'll leave you here.  Come back tomorrow, I'll talk about what I wore to the wedding, and I promise a picture of my mom and aunt wearing sexy flower hats like the one I showed you Monday.  They're good models.

12 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome you are making your own dress! Love it! And I can't wait to see the material for the bridesmaid's dresses. I've been wanting to try that Hawaiian Tropic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your idea!!! thats is great! i love that era of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch your vlog........... i have to go to work.

    now I'm mad.

    but I'll watch it later. trust me I've got nothing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is AMAZING that you're making your own dress! I'm in love with your wedding theme too...I kinda want to come crash the party lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing it all yourself can be mega hard but worth much more bragging rights in the end. My mum made my dress and it was totally worth it! You will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wedding plan sounds super fun, Kristen! I know it'll be perfect. And you'll be gorgeous. And the bridemaids will be 2nd runners up to the lady of the hour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this! Adorable!!

    Brittany Michelle
    blog.thesapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun vlog! I love hear other bloggers' voices. :)
    whoa...so.many.keys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all know how in love with your wedding I already am.

    I'm also in love with those note cards. They are so cute!

    I might have to try that Hawaiian tropic stuff. And I love your wallet. And I had a good day, thanks for asking. haha!

    I wear my sunglasses at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha-ha I love how you always toss your stuff aside - like last time your just threw the fake uggs over your shoulder. I still think that's funny.

    Also I like the term bomb diggity. I don't think people say it enough.

    So I think I might get together a Canadian fact post for you - since I keep blowing your mind with my Canadianisms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vlogs are always awesome. I really like that your bag goes well with a scooter :) ha ha. That's a selling point for me. Also I will answer you, I do like that this is real like and you didn't plan this! It's more fun that way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)