Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'll take a 1986 kid, please

Whenever I refer to years, it reminds me of the way my parents refer to their favorite wines, or scotches.  They always talk about the year the wine was produced.  Like, "Oh the Cab from 1998 had so much acidity", or "2002 was good for California wines."

You heard it first, people:  my parents are California wine snobs.

Where was I going with that?  Oh yeah.  1986.  It's Look-back Link-up day!  The day when I get to show you oodles of baby pictures, and have a legitimate reason for doing so.


Shaping Up To Be A Mom

I was an infant/toddler-ish in 1986; I started out 6 months old, and ended it at 1.5.  I want you to know that I was probably the happiest baby to ever grace planet Earth.  My mom wants to assure you that they didn't drug me to induce such good behavior.  Seriously, people asked her.  I did my best to not pick pictures that only show me actively posing for the camera.  As I looked through them, that's a vast majority of what I found.  **Note: This is the point of no return for those of you who have told me that pictures of babies cause pain to your ovaries.  It only gets worse from here.**

This man was a champion trick-roper in his day.  And a darn fine cookie eater in mine.
You recognize my best friend from 1985?  She makes another appearance!

Hellooooooooo presents
I would still wear a dress like this.  Oh yes I would

So, what we've learned so far:  I've been greedy from a young age, and I come by my love of pink and purple pretty honestly.  I don't think anyone was telling my mom what a handsome little boy she had!  Now, I want to introduce you to my best friend in 1986:

Meet Rufus.  He was a cocker spaniel yellow lab mix.  He looks kinda like a lab puppy, but he was out of the puppy phase when we got him.  He liked to like my face and eat crayons.

Some of you know that I think mascots and clowns are the creepiest people on Earth.  As it turns out, I very much thought that in 1986 at a trip to Knott's Berry Farm.  Can we all take a moment to appreciate my mom's 1986 look?  The hair and the aviators do it for me every time.

Where were you, and what were you doing in 1986?  I would love for you to link up below and let everyone know!



6 comments:

  1. Such lovely smiley pictures!!

    Visiting via the Look Back Hop :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My daughter eats crayons, so that dog is not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WERE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I didn't read this post because I didn't want baby fever.
    2. I'm not kidding - I covered the screen with my hands.
    3. I'm sure you were an adorable baby.
    4. Why did I even bother coming over if I wasn't going to read the post? BECAUSE I CAN'T BOYCOTT YOUR BLOG!!! It's a problem.
    5. I just felt like there needed to be a "5." You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1986...let's see:
    I was 12 yrs old (i can't believe I'm that much older than you-jeez!)
    We just moved back from Peru (again)
    I was going to catholic school in L. A.
    I think that was also the year that Sally "disappeared". I had dragged that doll everywhere. I still miss her a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)