I'm really not so sure why I just said that. Maybe because it's funny sounding? Anyway... The amazing, beautiful, talented Jen over at Boys will be Boys, and the so sweet, lovely Heather from The Life Unexpected both thought of me this week and nominated me for The Liebster Award! This is not me first go-around with The Liebster, and I love everyone, so I'm not nominating anyone this time around. Sorry guys, it isn't because I don't care, it's because I would feel like someone would be left out... and it's only for blogs with 200 or fewer followers, and a lot of you are over that mark. So instead, I'm going to answer the questions that Jen and Heather asked, and show you the pretty buttons they gave me. Sound good to you? Me too!
|The button from Jen|
1. What is your most prized possession? My teacup collection. I inherited it from my Grandmother, and growing up I could stare at it in her home for hours. So honored that she passed part of it on to me.
2. If you could do anything today what would it be? Hire a maid and a personal assistant. I could be so much more productive if I didn't have to worry about cleaning, phone calls, appointments, and errands!
3. What is your favorite dish to make? Hmmmmmm... Probably Raspberry Chocolate Blackout Cake with Amaretto Ganache. To. Die. For.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher or a veterinarian
5. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
6. Morning person or night owl? Morning Person
7. What is your favorite movie? Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery or Sweet Home Alabama
8. What is something we don't know about you? I marched in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Ireland in 2000 with my school marching band. It was one of the highlights of my high school tenure.
9. If you could have any car you wanted, what would it be? A Subaru Forester. Yup, I'm a total Boulderite. No shame.
10. What is your perfect date night? Anytime we can spend time together out of the house! I love it when we get to go skiing together in the winter.
11. What is something you'd like to accomplish in the future. This is going to sound so odd, but we really want to buy land in the middle of nowhere, build a dream home that's underground (literally), and then live sustainably. Solar and wind power. Grow food. Livestock. The whole thing. Our goal is that someday we can survive off of a $25,000 annual income comfortably.
|Button from Heather. See? They're different because there's no background on this one|
1. What's your most random habit? I like to rub my hair against my lips. Except me hair is no longer long enough, and that makes me kind of sad. Incidentally, my chin hasn't broken out nearly as much since I cut my hair
2. Who was your celebrity crush? Was? How about still is? I talk in more depth about that here. But I do have a not so small thing for Matt Damon too, especially in Ocean's 11.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? For a while, or forever? For a while: Indiana. I miss it a lot. Forever: Either Colorado (it's a great place!), or maybe Oregon/Washington?
4. What's your guilty TV pleasure? Khloe and Lamar. The rest of the klan doesn't do it for me, but I love the realness of their relationship.
5. What got you started blogging? I wanted accountability for getting back on the health bandwagon. Also, I wanted to help others live a healthier, happier life.
6. Any pets? Mr. Beckham, the cat
7. iPhone or Android? Droid
8. What was your "best day ever"? I don't have just one... there are so many "best days"... graduating High School, Graduating college, realizing the man you love wants to someday make you his wife...
9. What's your dream vacay? Greece. I've been dreaming about it for years
10. What's your career path look like? Working on a BS in Accounting, I would love to work for a large Auditing and Taxation firm, and eventually work from home as a CPA.
11. Let's say you were going to die tomorrow, what's first on your new found bucket list? I'm going to hold off on answering this, because there's a bucket list link-up going o later this week, and I'll be sharing my answer to this question on a vlog!
So there you go... 22 things that Heather and Jen were dying to know about me! If you haven't already visited them, please take the time to scroll up, and head over to their blogs. I think they are great, and I think you will too! Hope you are having a lovely weekend...