Friday, September 6, 2013

Be afraid, be very afraid

FRIDAY.  I just let out a huge sigh of relief.  I hate 3 day weekends for the sheer fact that the following Tuesday is always double hard.  Nobody likes that.  My Tuesday felt like it went on for 40 days and 40 nights.  As you can imagine, I rocked my Tuesday about as well as a sorority girl succeeds at giving up her precious squat for lent.

Beta Alpha represent.

So anyways, today's topic for the Blogtember challenge is to write about a time that you were very afraid.  At first, I really struggled with this topic.  I am a 'fraidy cat about a lot of things, and I live with a constantly hightened sense of fear.  So to isolate one particular moment of fear... that is hard.  Then today, it came to me.  Not a memory, but the realization that I am right now very frightened of this:

Triple chocolate cheesecake with triple-chocolate ganache.  I made 2 for my friends' Labor day party on Sunday, and we ended up bringing 1/2 of one of the cakes home.  I'm about as afraid of that leftover cake as I am of clowns and mascots.  That cake is calling to me, beckoning, begging me to take it out and grab a fork.  No additional plate needed.  No knife needed.  Just me and some delicious chocolate topped in cheesy chocolate, coated with yet more chocolate.  My waistline is quivering it's so frightened that I will succumb to the temptation, and allow it to be swept away on a tide of bad decisions and utter deliciousness.  My thighs are practically hiding under the bed, for fear that the evil cellulite will find them again.

It's a dangerous time in our household right now.



On a lighter note, I have this absolutely irrational fear that someday I will be forced to relive sorority recruitment all over again, from start to finish.  And let's face it; if that though does not strike terror in your soul, nothing in this world ever could.  It's a wedding bridal party gone horribly wrong.

Now that I've freaked myself out all over again, I'm going to count down the hours until 5pm, when I can have some beer and forget all about this traumatizing topic.  Happy weekending!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my freaking heck. Send that cake my way! That sounds and looks AMAZING! Or just eat it all up and do a few squats and call it even ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally mail that cake to Virginia... just sayin. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)