Friday, September 20, 2013

It's a psychological test, this post

Let's play a round of word association, yes?  The word of the day is comfort.

Comfort is a hard word for me to define with words alone.  It takes more than a word, or two, or even two thousand to adequately define what comfort really is.  It's a state of mind, a state of being.  It's a thousand small things about a moment that contribute to an overall fantastic situation.

Flannel snowflake pajamas and simultaneous husband and puppy cuddles.  Not shown:  the delicious beer sitting just to the left of the picture.

Triple chocolate cheesecake with triple chocolate ganache.  It has that whole "I'm chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate" thing going, but it isn't too sweet, so you can eat the whole slice without dying.

Comfort is the perfect Mexican meal, complete with a whole lot of salsa from the salsa bar.

Comfort is knowing that I am with this guy for life... and that he is well aware that he signed up for 3 consecutive life sentences.


3 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I had thought to talk about comfort foods! (Because there clearly isn't enough food talk on my blog yet...) But seriously - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you worded the last one. I am very VERY comforted in any situation knowing that Jared is by my side. From waking up after a nightmare or trying to plan something scarey in the future, it's so nice to know that I always will have that one consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read blogs in forever and I missed you getting married!! I will have to go search for the wedding post!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)