Monday, January 13, 2014

If you have big news, and no one is around to hear it...

At our wedding in June, our officiant led into the telling of Ammon's and my love story by asking everyone to consider the thought experiment of "If two people are on a first date, and one of them doesn't know it's a date, does it still count as a first date?"  It was totally accurate of our start as a couple.  However, I can't say it's been accurate of this news that I have not kept a secret at all had a really hard time not shouting from the rooftops.  And today I'm going to share it with you, my blogger friends.  I'm sorry you're among the last to know.  I didn't mean for it to work out that way.  But you all were some of the FIRST to know when Ammon proposed along the side of the road on our way to TCBY, so it's fair, I think.

This is where Ammon tells me "Get on with the damn story, Kristen".  Punctuated by drinking delicious beer.  Okay, okay.  Sheesh.

So the big news... the big, Earth shattering, life changing news.

Last Wednesday, I was offered, and subsequently accepted a job transfer to be the Accounts Receivable Clerk for my office!!!  It is a position I have wanted for about 2.5 years now, and it means that I will be engaging in substantially less customer service, answer the phone less, and spend all day with blessed ledgers and spreadsheets.  And while some of you may consider all of that to be your own personal circle of hell, wait until I show you my new office.

Oh yeah, I get a new office, too.  With a door that locks, and 3 windows to the outside.  If you had seen the happy dance that I did when I got a cubicle 6 months ago, you will understand that the idea of having a private office is such a revelation that I just can't even start.


The new job doesn't "officially" start until February 10th, and in the meantime, I'm wrapping up my current job as an Assistant Property Manager, training the new APM, and training in my new role.  It's a pretty hectic work schedule for the next month!  So please understand if I'm a little... quiet... on these here interwebs for the next month or two while we're all settling in.  I promise that I'll be back, and that I'll do my best to pop in when I can!

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations girl! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! This is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! That is so exciting! And I hear the "get on with the damn story" amongst many beers too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! :)
    I am so excited for you!

    Xo Lourds

    ReplyDelete
  6. A door that locks and three windows?! They must love you!! Congrats my dear! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations girl! Now you can do lunchtime squats in the privacy of your own office...minus the whole window thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so happy for you!! Congratulations Kristen!! And a door & windows?!?! That's so dang exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)