Happy New Year!
Did you do anything fun? We didn't. We crawled into bed around 10, just like any other night. Womp, womp. However, I'm nursing a sinus infection, and Ammon was snoring like a lumberjack, so I was awake to acknowledge the start of a new year. And man, do I have some big plans for this year. 2014 is going to be incredible, I can just tell. Some of the things that I will make happen for myself and my family this year:
- I am going to rock my internship. I haven't talked about it here yet, but my work is allowing me to complete my accounting internship with them during my paid work hours, and it's a huge opportunity for me to grow into an accounting position.
- Get some travel in. We have so many people to visit after the wedding, and I want to make a dent in that list. The top 3 places we are wanting to visit are MN, VA, and WA.
- Run the Lincoln Half Marathon on May 4, 2014 in 2:30 or less. I signed up for my next half marathon this morning, and I have high hopes that this will be my race, finally.
Either way, though, I'll be running with Alyx, so it will be awesome.
- Graduate from my Associate's in Accounting program and start work on my Bachelor's.
- Move into a house! We aren't ready to buy, but we are ready for something a little bigger and more homey than where we are now.
- Run a full marathon. Yup.
- Get back on the bike. I miss it.
- Celebrate an amazing first year of marriage, and five years of togetherness with that husband of mine.
If it were up to me (and it's not), we would celebrate this with ALL of the holiday/Bill Cosby sweaters.
So here's to the New Year! Can't wait to hear all about the fun and exciting things that you all have planned, so tell me about them below!