Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Well that's scary as heck

I know that I committed to running a full marathon.  But what I did last night positively blew my mind.  I actually registered for said full marathon.


Ho-ly Cow.  There it is, the Denver Rock 'N' Roll marathon.  It will be my flagship marathon, the one by which any others that I ever run will be compared to.

I don't remember being this nervous registering for the GTIS half marathon a year ago, but I probably was.  Regardless of the distance, registering for any event with the word "marathon" in the title is a little bit... intense.

This party is going down on October 19, and we would LOVE for you to join us!  Registration is only $99 through February 28th.  And let's be real... that's dang cheap for a distance running event.  And by we, I mean my childhood friend that I've wrangled into doing this with me, and myself.  I'm estimating a 5 hour, 15 minute full marathon, so obviously we're not going to be out there to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  I'm out there to not die.

And obviously, to eat and drink ALL OF THE THINGS as soon as I cross the finish line.

What have you done lately that scares the ever loving poop out of you?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I'm so excited for you!!! You'll do AMAZINGLY WELL and I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!!! How much is registration after the 28th? Does it double or something?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)