Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's called a bed for a reason

I just now made the decision to write a blog post, and publish it immediately.  On a Saturday, a day I almost never post.  Because lately I've thought about following self imposed blogging "rules" instead of sharing my thoughts and my heart, when those thoughts happen.  If I can't let those thoughts sit for a few days, I don't publish them.  This is about the things happening right here, right now.

Today I passed on my run, and instead said pass the epsom salts.  It was the 2nd time this week that I passed on a scheduled workout, and I don't really feel good about it.  However, my exhaustion has been ridiculous.  When I ran last night, I could barely keep up with the treadmill at 6.0mph, and had to drop down to a 5.5.  I had hoped to run around the lake today, and take it easy, but the temperature dropped about 15 degrees unexpectedly, and suddenly, it was below my minimum running temp threshold.  We did go for a walk in the middle of the day, but I just needed to admit to y'all, that, despite my good workout intentions and dedication, sometimes it just doesn't happen.
 True life:  The cat passed out on our treadmill last night, and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I feel this way all of the time when I think about running inside.  I mean, it's called the bed of a treadmill for a reason.

And along that vein, the date for the marathon I had planned to run in September was announced, and it was announced for 3 weeks later than I had anticipated.  This would be no big deal, except that I had planned to run this race with a friend, and she will be out of the country during that time.  I'm not really sure that I'm mentally prepared to sign up for a FULL MARATHON without knowing someone else is suffering with me, so now I'm seeking alternate races during a time when she won't be out of the country.  We'll see what happens, but I'm getting the sinking feeling that I may be on my own in completing my marathon goal.  If anyone might potentially be interested in doing a marathon with me on either September 22 or October 5 in Colorado, PLEASE let me know.  I will love you long time.

We passed out at 8:30 last night with all of the lights on, and without locking the front door, or take the dog for his last walk of the night.  Next thing we knew, it was 3am.  Whoops.  Ammon took the dog for a walk, I brushed my teeth, and we passed out again.  We haven't felt quite right for a few days, obviously.  I'm really hoping we revive between now and tomorrow morning, because we are headed up the mountain for skiing ridiculously early in the morning.  And by ridiculously early, I mean that we have to leave the house no later than 6:30am.  I agreed to help my mom out with some Admin work in the non-profit that my family has been involved with for the last 18 years. I do 4-5 hours of volunteering, and get to also do 4-5 hours of skiing.  Fo' free.  If that isn't a sweet gig, I don't know what is.  
So before long, I'm going to throw back a melatonin and pass the eff out so that the 5:30am alarm clock doesn't hurt quite so bad.  Because let's face it, even well rested, 5:30am just plain sucks.  

Hope that you all have a fantastic night, you beautiful people, you.


  1. I wish that I could say I would be able to (or even want to) run a marathon this year. Unfortunately, I just spent a week NOT running because of (what I think was) bursitis. I started strength training yesterday (easy strength training) and plan to start back running this week. I am running a 5K in Golden on March 22nd (unless something else happens to my knee). Here's the link if you are interested. I hope you find someone to run a marathon with you!

  2. Ummmm So... depending on how the half goes in May (aka if i make it out alive), I will do the full with you in October. Or september. Or whatever.

    Also... I skipped a run yesterday, too. Elsie is teething and having a really rough time, Mike had the jogging stroller in the car in the middle of the day when I needed it, and then when we got home from our failed family photos, it was freaking cold as heck and the wind was blowing about 30 mph. Noooo thank you. So instead, I ate cookies and enjoyed a night of playing games with friends. I feel bad about it, but it's life I guess.


I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)