Recently, Alyx asked her readers to ask her questions. The questions she got were pretty dang good. So good, in fact, that when she responded to them, she also asked the same list of questions to her readers, and created a link-up for it. I'm a few days late to the party, on this one, but I'm joining in anyway. So here goes...
1) Where do you like to shop? Thrift stores whenever possible for everyday clothes. I LOVE finding something special at a thrift store, and then only having to spend a couple of dollars on it! It's practically guilt-free, and as long as I keep an active clothing donation pile, Ammon doesn't get mad about it. For work pants I wear the wide waistband editor pant from Express, and I buy my active wear from Old Navy these days. And I will forever be a sucker for dresses from Ann Taylor.
Believe it or not, I found this sweater at a thrift store ;)
2) How do you plan your meals? I have really been struggling with this lately. A year ago when I did the Revolt Now! Fitness blogger challenge, I got into the habit of making one lunch and one dinner meal for the whole week. We still follow this type of approach, but it's getting boring, and I'm running out of things to make that keep well for that long. Now that I'm settling in to my new job, I'm hoping to devote some extra time to meal planning and execution.
This is fairly representative of the kinds of things that we eat most nights. Fairly clean, but not very exciting.
3) Have you ever had a garden? I tend to help other people keep their gardens. We have been in rentals that don't have space, or allow for, extensive gardening, and the community plots around here are harder to get your hands on than the British crown jewels. I do have 8 plants in my office at work, and a lovely collection of aloe plants on my windowsill at home to tide me over.
This plant sits next to me all day, 5 days a week at work. It went through a rough patch, but is reviving quite nicely.
4) Do you love getting the mail? Not really. Our mailbox is at the far end of the building, behind the dumpsters. It's actually a little bit of a production for me to go over and get it.
5) Any fitness app recommendations? Oh goodness. I explained my weird love for all of the fitness apps to Alyx the other night. It's slightly out of control. Endomondo is my go-to, favorite GPS fitness tracking app, they are droid compatible. I've been toying around with DailyMile, but don't LOVE it. I track all my outdoor runs in both Endomondo, and with the tracking app for my Garmin. And when I want to food journal, I prefer Fitday, which has been around FOREVER, but nobody seems to really know about. It is much superior to MFP, I know because I've tried them all.
6) What is the worst book you ever read? I'm going to possibly get called out for this, but I absolutely, positively, could not stand The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. The first half of Sense and Sensibility was positively intolerable, though the second half was probably some of Jane Austen's finest work. Perks of Being a Wallflower and Gone Girl also really bothered me, and I disliked both of them very, very much.
7) What food would you never, ever eat? Blue cheese. It tastes like band-aids.
8) How many children do you want? 2 of our own, and then adopt or (maybe) have another of our own. So 3 total, but probably only 2 biologically.
9) Name 1 item on your bucket list or life list that you are eager to accomplish: I am eager to complete all of them, that's why they're on my life list! But I guess right now the ones that make me most excited are owning a home of our own, having a kiddo, and completing a triathlon.
It's Friday, which means that we all are going to be free for 48 hours very soon! Hooray!!! I hope that today is awesome for all of you!