I sincerely hope that by now, you have all seen Kid President, and that you all feel inspired to be more awesome. But in the event that you don't believe in the power of YouTube, or you've chosen to live under a rock, please allow me to introduce you.
I am seriously considering watching this every single day for the rest of my life. So much profound wisdom, all wrapped up in the most adorable of packages. Because this is life, people. It's not a game (except that it is). And it isn't a cereal (except that it also is).
I love this notion of "Be More Awesome". Maybe not the most grammatically correct sentiment ever, but it resonates in my heart the way that having "one little word" never has. It lights me up, it gets me excited to go out and live life to the fullest.
So in honor of the "Be More Awesome" movement, I present to you 5 ways to make today more awesome:
1) Pet a furry mammal, marsupial, or rodent. Your choice, really, but generally it's a good idea if they happen to be a pet, and not an exotic animal. Although, your life is pretty dang awesome if you're taking a picture with a Koala, or a baby Panda, or a Tiger. So strike that, and let's stick with my first impression: Pet some kind of furry animal.
2) Buy someone a cupcake. They are delicious.
3) Give your favorite person a hug. Don't let go, even if they tell you that you stink really bad from getting all sweaty while you were running. They need your sweaty, stinky, loving reassurance.
4) Go to bed 30 minutes early. It's like having an extra special nap at the end of the day that nobody can judge you for. Try it.
5) Do yoga on your lunch break in your office, and then laugh at people when they walk in and you're in downward facing dog. Because it's so awkward, it becomes totally awesome. True story.
I hope that you all go out there and find a way to be more awesome today. The world needs your awesomeness to shine through in a tremendous way!