Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time for the next chapter!

I'm creating this blog as a way to document the next chapter in my life.  The last two years have been full of ups and downs for me.  I finished my certification as a Holistic Health Counselor.  I changed jobs.  I fell in love.  I moved twice.  I learned a lot about myself.  I learned a lot about what I want out of life.  But I somewhere along the line got out of balance.  I gained weight.  I got out of the habit of moving my body.  I quit being as loving of myself as I was of others.  You know, all of those things that Health Counselors highly encourage.

This blog is meant to document my journey back to balance.  It is meant to share what I learned in my Health Counselor training with anyone who wants to know more above total health and wellness.

This is not meant to be the happiest, most wonderful, inspiring blog ever.  It is going to be about my real life.  One thing that I have learned is that when emotions are suppressed, they gain power over us, and they hold us back.  So, if there is anger, sadness, fear, frustration in my life, I'm going to share.  If I fall down, I'll let you know here.  And I hope, in some way, that despite all of this, you can see what I see; that life is more perfect, more radiant for all of the negative emotions, because we would never know happiness if we did not first understand the presence of sorrow.

I can't wait to share this next chapter in my life with you!  It is going to be some adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)