Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, New Goals

I have high hopes for this year.  In 6 months I will be 27, and I have so much I want to fit in before 30, that I know I have to get cracking.  So these are my 2012 ideals.  I'll be breaking down all of my ideals into real goals that can be made acheivable each month so that by the end of the year I should have the sense that I accomplished the things listed below:
  • Finish at least 10 sewing projects
  • Get straight A's in all of my accounting classes
  • Get back down to 135-140 lb range
  • Find a schedule that helps me not go insane
  • Get a handle on my budget so that I do not accrue any additional debt (except student loans)
  • Take time to be grateful for my many blessings
  • Be accountable for my actions and choices through my blog
  • Exercise regularly
  • Take time at least once a month to relax and recharge
  • Make myself a priority
  • Get real about what is worthy of my time, and what is just extraneous junk
  • Allow peace to reside within my heart
Yes, I know these are not SMART goals.  I know there is little about them that is acheivable in their current incarnation.  However, these are the jumping off point for everything I want to do and be in the next year.  When I think about what is true for me, these are the ideas that come to my mind.  By setting monthly goals, I will further be able to reach these more nebulous ideals.

So, in no particular order, here are my goals for the month of January:
  • Establish a start weight (as of January 1, 2012)
  • Lose 5 pounds through
    • Exercise 22 times (for at least an hour at a time)
    • Limit dessert to no more than 1/week
    • Limit eating out to no more than 2x/week
  • Limit television time to 1 hour a day, and schedule my tv time in advance
  • Make a schedule for sewing projects I would like to complete this year and prioritize them from easiest to hardest.
  • Once a week, post a list of things I am grateful for
  • Limit the monthly grocery budget to $250
  • Schedule at least one "date" with A
  • Take one whole day to do whatever I want... even if that's sleeping all day!
  • Study a minimum of 6 hours per week once school starts on the 17th.
What are your ideals for 2012?  How are you going to break those down into goals?  What tools will you need in order to accomplish your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)