Monday, August 11, 2014

A new normal

It's been about a week and a half since we moved into our new place.  While there are still boxes everywhere, and we only JUST got the tv set up and we've only had internet for a handful of days, I find that we are settling into a routine.  That we are finding our new sense of normal in this home.

Our new neighborhood has bunnies.  Lots, and lots of bunnies.  This is a pretty normal sight to come home to.

It's a sweet new sense of normal, this routine that we are finding.  I fall a little more in love with it each day.  I get to take Gunner out into the back yard first thing each morning in my bathrobe, with my hair still a mess from sleep.  My morning and evening commute is now only 15 minutes, giving me plenty of time at home for the things and people I love, and less time on the road in traffic.  And while this house isn't really any bigger than the apartment we were in before, it has the garage for Ammon to work play in, and a yard for me to tend.  There's even an apple tree in the back yard, and it is so burdened with baby apples right now... one of the projects at the top of my list is to thin them, so that our harvest this year is full of perfectly sized, perfectly ripe apples.

I'm constantly surprised at how easily my family and I have transitioned from the apartment to this new little home of ours.  We expected Gunner and Beckham to have some anxiety, confusion, and general discomfort about a new place, and they did, to an extent.  But within a day or two, they acted as though this place had always been home, and that living here is the most natural thing in the world.

In short, we are loving life these days, after a period of time where things were feeling dark, and dismal, and lonely.  We are excited to see how our lives are shaped and grow during our time in our quaint little 2 bedroom house on a cul-de-sac.  And I promise, at some point there will be pictures, but you have no idea how bad of an idea that would be right now, with boxes and things everywhere, and only our most essential stuff set out.  We are taking our time in letting this house speak to us.  So far, it just keeps telling us, "welcome home".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)