Monday, April 7, 2014

My hips don't lie.... they are grumpy

It may not have been the best idea to chase down that 2 minute 10k PR on Saturday.  Holy cow my hips, glutes, and IT bands are talking to me about that decision a bit.  Like, to the point that sitting was uncomfortable yesterday, standing felt exhausting, and the 40 minute hike we did to "stretch out" my legs made me think I was going to die.  Not the best idea, perhaps; worth it, absolutely.  As I was feeling sorry for myself for feeling so blah, all I could do was simultaneously try to remind myself that I had accomplished something big personally, and that it was reason enough to deal with the soreness.



Someone please check in with me along about 6:30pm Mountain Time to find out if I'm still feeling that way after a 50 minute run.  That will be a good indicator.

I had intended to do yoga in addition to our hike, but food shopping and prepping took an awfully long time to complete.  I think I'm going to try to get some in on my lunch tomorrow instead.  Yoga really is the best thing in the world for me.  It can take my hyperactive type-A high strung self, and make me calm and relaxed pretty much instantly.  It also helps me be able to touch my toes, which is pretty hard for me to do sometimes  (for real... I am crazy inflexible).  Oh well, we will be eating like bosses this week... the more that I plan ahead, the more likely it is that we actually eat the things I've planned out.  We've been using the weekly meal plans that Jess has been co-creating, and so far, so awesome.  It's a big change for us, because the plan has me making different dinners throughout the week, but we've actually spent about the same on food as when I was making the same thing every night, and in the long run we're saving even more because we aren't eating out out of sheer boredom with our dinners.  I'm not the best at creating meal plans that maximize the combinations of dinners you can make while also minimizing ingredients needed, so that has been really great as well, because I don't even have to think about it, I just follow the plan and the work has already been done for me.  This is awesome, because my brain is addled with all kinds of Cost and Spreadsheet Accounting Principles lately, and I just don't have it in me to try to be creative in any aspect of my life.

As evidenced by these blog posts recently.  Hmmmmm...  Oh well, that's too much thinking about non-running or Accounting based topics.  Maybe someday I'll get my free time and my creative energy back.  I'm not holding my breath, though.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so not looking forward to running today - that 8 mile run on Saturday did a number on my knees. I've been icing them, though, so let's hope that helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for running hard, despite the pain! :)
    I love yoga too, and I'm terribly inflexible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again... I admire you! I have not done anything work out related/ fitness related other than long walks/ jogs in FOREVER. Everyone keeps telling me to try yoga... maybe I should!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)