Friday, December 14, 2012

Caboodle to you too

We're just going to see where this post goes.  I have thoughts, but they don't seem particularly easily expressible tonight.  Honestly, though, some of the posts you all comment on the most are the ones that come from this particular head space.

When I was on my way home tonight, I called Ammon to find let him know I was on my way.  In the middle of our conversation, a huge ruckus erupted in the background.  When I asked Ammon what was going on, all he knew was that people were fighting right outside of our apartment.  GREAT.  Just great.  When I got home, I found out that one of my residents decided to confront a neighbor who has been consistently loud and obnoxious for the entire 2 years I have lived here.  Well, one  thing led to another, and it turned into a big fight, and the cops being called.



 I got home in the middle of the police business.  Have you ever walked into one of those situations???  I tend to be involved in more of these than I want to be, simply because of the nature of my job.  Luckily, I was able to stay in my apartment and eavesdrop on what was said without being involved.  My resident did the right thing every step of the way, and I am so, so glad about that.  She's a darn good neighbor, and it would be a huge hassle to find anyone even half as great as she is.

For those of you who have never lived in an apartment/condo complex:  never underestimate the value of fantastic neighbors.

2 amazing things happened at work today.  First thing in the morning, my co-worker walked into the office with this gem in hand


Yes, a Caboodle.  I mean, I haven't seen one of these in years.  I shared with my co-workers that I had always wanted one of my own, but my mom never let me have one.  I have been lusting after 90's style caboodles ever since.  This one is just perfect, don't you think?

And the second... Emily walked in the door and immediately announced, "Did you know that Breanne started her own blog?!?!".  She was speaking truth.  I am no longer the only blogger at work anymore.  Every single day is now a blogger-date for me.  Go check out Breanne here and say "hey"!

The last thing I have for today is about school.  I don't have to tell anyone who's ever worked and gone to school how frustrating and difficult it is to balance everything, and to feel that you are doing a good job.  However, I got the ultimate validation today when my grades were released, and I had gotten A's in all three of my classes!  I took 10 credits this semester, which was the most that I had taken in the last 3 semesters.  It was really nice to see all of my hard work pay off =).

Have a great day off, lovies!

9 comments:

  1. FACT: I still keep my makeup in my caboodle. It's red and sparkly and has a nameplate on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, congrats on the grades, that's a huge accomplishment! that caboodle is awesome too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so do not miss living in an apartment, I hate dealing with all that drama.

    And kudos for you on the grades lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha. I totally had a pink caboodle in middle school. Now I have a grown up black one that looks a lot less like a funky cosmetics tackle box. :) Glad to hear the apartment drama got sorted!! And... I even wrote a blog post today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whole police fiasco? Been there! Our first apartment in North Carolina was in the ghetto, and I drove up to my building to find the police dealing with my next door neighbors who we think were illegal immigrants.

    CABOODLE! I think I had one of those. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHMYGOSH!!! I totally had one of those caboodles!!

    And good for you on the grades, Miss Smarty Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had that EXACT caboodle. I feel like I need to go dig it out of it's box and find stuff to put in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know how you feel, and make sure I have a way to get back with you, so we can be friends :-)